Our Core Values are made up of beliefs, a philosophy and principles that inspire and guide the Entrepreneurs Walkabout.
WE BELIEVE – Our shared convictions based on our collective understanding at this time
- Entrepreneurs are leaders, innovators and creators of change. As such they lead in creating new products and services as well as new ways of doing business.
- When people lift their focus to include more of the whole system of which they are a part, they make different and more effective choices for their businesses and for those they serve.
- There are ways of knowing that are available to us only through non-verbal channels. Integrating reflective and land-based practices in our work and life enhances the resources available to us in making important decisions.
- Partnering with the inherent qualities of different places and landscapes is a powerful way to enhance our perspective, knowledge, whole systems, and innovative thinking.
PHILOSOPHY - How we approach working from our beliefs to create an outcome
- Entrepreneurs Walkabout is an intentional weaving of the best of mainstream business with land-based reflective practices, strategic and developmental frameworks, and dialogic inquiry. The Aim: to lift discernment and decision making to a new level of effectiveness and promote individual, business and whole system well-being.
- Entrepreneurs Walkabout is inspired by the ancient aboriginal tradition of walking the land, communing with the land, and listening to the spirit of the land as it works in partnership to ignite conviction, inspiration and creativity.
PRINCIPLES - Guidelines that inform our design
- Clarity about the contribution a business makes to the larger system results in a more successful business.
- Sustainability requires ongoing feedback – all successful entrepreneurs have ways of bringing their continued learning and innovation into their business.
- We learn through self observation and reflection.
- The Socratic Method, dialogue and critical thinking permit testing of meaning making and lead to sound decision making.
- We are interdependent members of whole systems – system and self inform and serve one another.
- Successful entrepreneurs achieve exceptional results through thinking and working with others.
- It is essential to partner with the natural rhythms of body, mind and spirit to function from an optimal state of being.